11 April 2008

Apparently My Wife is an Office Max Rep

We are moving in 2 weeks and that is most of the reason as to why I've not updated in 5 days. This move, though very much anticipated and needed, truly comes at a horrible time for us as it is just before the end of the semester, when, of course, EVERYTHING is due. 

It is surprising how much stuff Trinity and I have even though we have only been married for 11 months. It is also surprising how much there is to learn about a spouse even when we live together (I know that's an obvious one, but I thought I should add it just to clear up any confusion), go to school together (both working on Masters degrees) and work together. I learned today that apparently my wife used to be and still is a rep for Office Max. I literally think that we could supply our county's entire school district with pens, pencils, markers and Sharpies for a year. I saw Sharpies in colors that I didn't even know existed. And don't even get me started on Post-It Notes. The various sizes, shapes, colors and styles would impress even Spencer Silver. I don't even know why we have a MaxPerks card. I think that Office Max needs to start coming to us for their supplies. The good news is though, that we will probably never have to take our kids (that we don't have yet) school-supply shopping. 

And, then, to add insult to injury, we are moving from a 3-bedroom house to a 2-bedroom house so that we can be closer to our church, where we both work and go many times a week, and to save on rent and utilities. We have this house more than full, so thinking about down-sizing its not the most joyous thought in my head right now. It should be a fun few weeks. 

P.S. What's the point of using packing tape if it can't be used for at least one painful practical joke?

0 comments: