27 October 2008

US Bombs Syria!

A few weeks ago a read an online news article that piqued my interest. I apologize that I cannot remember the exact source, but I do know that it was not an American-based website. The article basically said that another country (Belgium, if I remember correctly) had decided not to attack Syria because they had intel that the US was going to do it in a few weeks. Well, they were right, the US did just bomb Syria. You can read more about this incident on BBC, here. Specifically you should notice the last sentence:


One correspondent says the timing of the incident if curious, coming right at the end of the Bush Administration's period of office and at a moment when many of America's European allies - like Britain and France - are trying to broadent heir ties with Damascus.

Many have been saying that there was going to be a surprise just before the election and, folks, I think we have just seen it. I'll save some of my opinions for now, because I want to hear your reaction.

0 comments: